Travelers on the road told you (rolling on the people talking about towns tables):
- The city folks are relaxed, sensuous and open minded.
- The city is a combination of new and very ancient architecture, the oldest building are linked together by underground tunnels.
- The Folded Lotus is one of these very ancient bath house, it inner bath decorated in lapis lazuli is a marvelous sight.
You settle first at the Folded Lotus (rolled on the city of a thousand bath houses post)
- The building is a very ancient bath house.
- The bath house is run by a private administration (a old lady from a forgotten noble bloodline)
- The staff wear special gloves and veils decorated with blue lotus flowers.
- The lapis lazuli bath boost saving throws by 4 points...
- ... if you mix blood in the bath (at least a total of d6 dmg) ...
- ... but you Gain a obvious non human trait (bio-luminescent spots)
- the bath house is linked by labyrinthine passages to ancient city vestiges full of poisonous traps
- While venturing in the tunnels you encounter outcasts, human hybrids of a ancient aquatic race. They seem scared and flee.
- While resting at the bath house you discover that one of the baths is forbidden to some type of people.
The ancient city vestiges contains (rolling on Random cultural influences for dungeon building tables)
- Artworks influenced by... a sworn enemy or competitor: water fountains and statue inspired by the Shadow Water School (forbidden stuff).
- Philosophy tablets influenced by... a allied race or nation: tablets from the ancient coastal city of Xephir.
- Luxury goods influenced by... a sworn enemy or competitor: perfumes from the kuo-toa (forbidden stuff).
While resting at the Folded Lotus you learn about the issues of it personnel.
(Rolling on the troubleshooters sandbox tables)
You learn that the old lady who own the Folded Lotus...
- actively seek help.
- her problem is stable.
- the problem is about a group or creatures.
- if resolved she will gain access to a useful location.
- don't seek help, but her problem is obvious.
- her problem is very unstable
- her problem is about a special event, project.
- if not resolved, she will gain a negative reputation.
While helping people in the city you also visit other bath houses.
The Quiet Flame
- is a ancient building newly converted into a bath house
- it foundations belonged to a ancient temple
- the bath house is run by a guild
- the staff is well trained to protect the bath house
- one of the bath boost one wisdom by one bonus step...
- ... if you bath during the rising or setting of the sun...
- ... but you get a penalty of 3 in your saving throws when you are in the dark.
- the bath house is linked to a place of knowledge (a old library full of stone tablets)
- while travelling in the tunnels you meet shady people, smuggler of knowledges.
- while resting at the bath house you notice that someone seem strangely out of place.
- actively seek help
- her problem is stable
- her problem is about a NPC neutral toward her
- resolving this situation would grant her a positive psychological trait
The Jade House
- is a new construction build by a avant-garde architect.
- the bath house is run by a mysterious oracle blessed by the gods
- the staff are all betrothed to him
- one of the bath boost hit points by one hit die...
- ... if you bath with a magical fish...
- ... but you get a penalty of 1 AC point.
- the bath house is linked to a private house
- while travelling in the tunnels you meet members of the bath house staff.
- while resting at the bath house you notice that one of the people bathing know one of the PC
- actively seek help
- his problem is stable
- the problem is about a creature neutral toward him (a magical fish)
- if the problem is resolved he will gain a new blessing
The person bathing who know one of the PC
- is secretive, he hide his problem and want it to remain secret.
- his problem is unstable
- the problem is about a a special project
- if the problem is not resolved he will enter in conflict with a faction
The Aquatic Tribes
While exploring the ancient levels of the city, you begin to know the ancient aquatic folks who live in the underground lakes. (Rolling on the why these orcs are "evil"? table)
- 6000 years ago, sad with the lost of a loved one, their leader made a dark pact with a dark deity. But a wise sorcerer was able to break the pact and sealed the dark goddess in one of the underground lakes.
- 300 years ago a booming and ruthless economy followed by a crash destroyed their alliance with the upper city.
- 100 years ago their territory was colonized by the forbidden Shadow Water School. Many hybrids were born during this time.
- 6 years ago new rumors about the tribe started circulating, people fear that they want to awaken their dark goddess.
- 1 month ago the Water Engineer Guild claimed ownership over one of their ancient cisterns to exploit it magical waters.
- 4 days ago. human refugees from the city started to build a shanty town near one of their underground lake.
- The aquatic folk do everything as a family unit, children or elders are always present.
- They have a good relationship with many of the declining human noble bloodline
- They dislike the Oracle of the Jade House.
- They have a different historical version of a the city foundation.
One day you discover a baby aquatic hybrid (rolling on the orc baby generator table):
- You see a giggling little thing with chubby arms, breaking things with a blood soaked doll, she look at you and wince,