I added keying numbers to the Cozy Land map.
Tuesday, November 17, 2020
I assembled all my maps into a collection on Artstation, I was surprised by how many I drew.
I have to admit that I did that because sometime I feel like my map work is a bit under appreciated/celebrated. Probably simply because I am a bit shy and that my anxiety make it difficult for me to participate to big projects and events (like cons).
(Note that you can open most of these projects to reveal additional maps.)
Anyway, enjoy. 😊
Sunday, November 15, 2020
I used my prompts generator for NPCs backgrounds to generate these four pregens or followers
(I decided their gender identities and sexual orientation on my own)
(That generator is fun but it need more work)
Monday, November 2, 2020
You could ask each player to roll and answer up to three rumors about their character class. Their answer are not necessarily trues, but some parts could be. With a small group of players, going around the table and letting each player roll and answer a question to establish a rumor about the other players profession can also be fun. An other option is to roll and answer one question by level.
If you don't want these rumors to apply to all fighters, cleric and magic-users, make them about a specific character guild.
When the characters explore a new location or region, modify one of their answers to create a local variant.
Folks tell stories about their... (d10)
- Origins (How their profession was funded? When? Where? By whom?)
- Purpose (What is the official or secret purpose of their profession?)
- Recruitment (Who do they recruit and how? What is their initiation?)
- Interdictions (What does their coda prevent them to do?)
- Obligations (What does their coda force them to do?)
- Abilities (What special abilities they are rumored to have)
- Gear (What special gear they are rumored to use?)
- Affiliation (What secret alliances or grudges they are rumored to have?)
- Payments (What they accept as payment? For which task?)
- Exploits (What kind of exploits they are rumored to have done? Or which historical events they participated in?)
- Gear: they only use weapons of defeated foes.
- Recruitment: they must recruit kids who survive raids or wars if they are holding a weapon when they find them.
- Payment: you must include a copper piece that tasted blood with their payment
- Origins: the guild was funded by serpent men 600 years ago
- Abilities: they drink so much poison that their blood is poisonous
- Obligations: hang a snake skin on your belt or window and they will never rob you.
- Affiliation: the cult has a secret alliance with dwarfs and they will always help them if they give them a piece of hematite as it represents their alliance.
- Origins: their prophet was petrified, each member of the cult bear a tiny piece of her petrified body.
- Exploits: during the Iron War, the cult's prayers animated a statue that saved the city.
Sunday, November 1, 2020
- twisted tree|dead leafs
- patchwork bodyparts
- Acolytes of the Black Cat (cultists who use a living black cat as a holy symbol)
- Scracrow Bandits (remain still until the ambush)
- Balefire Beetles (greenish flames)
- Bat Dwarfs (molerat like dwarfs who eat metal and use echolocation)
- Vampire's Gnomes (thralls of a subterrean vampire)
- Skeleton headed Goblins (cackle a lot)
- Shambling pile of rotting leaves (Green Slime but as a mass of decomposing leaves)
- Halfling's monstrosity (an hairy giant foot with eyes, who smell tobacco)
- Murdered hornets (Ghosts of giant hornets )
- Twisted Roots Gecko (unded gecko with roots that grow inside them)
- Dead leaves orcs (orcs who use dead leaves as camouflage cloaks)
- Pumpkin Shrews (glowing shreews who live in giant pumpkins)
- Kobolds disguised as (roll a d12 on this table)
- Bone caged demon (tiny demon caged in a skeleton's ribcage)
- Witch Snake (human headed snake, witch's familiar)
- Cotton Candy Spider (colorful "tim burtonesque" spider who weave suggary webs)
- Crows Sprites (sprites riding crows)
- Alien Stirges (stirge faced grey humanoids who drink blood)
- Bodyparts Traders (buy, sell and stiches used body parts)
- Masked Wolves (wolves being controlled by weird masks)