With LotFP in mind, adding to the ecology of the Lamia:
- Lamia are succubus like demon that crawl out of the mouth of possessed lioness.
- To speak they often just show their human face between their lioness jaws.
- They look like centaur when they half emerge from their lioness body to look around or to use their arms.
- Some lamia have a half snake body when they crawl out of their feline body.
- Story tell that once empty, their lioness body is just a empty skin. Just like selkie, possessing it skin grant control over the lamia. (maybe selkies are aquatic lamias). Wearing a lamia skin can't be good.
- But other say that their empty lioness body can act independently and are still very dangerous.
- To return into their lioness body lamia can simply crawl back in, other say that the lioness body must devour the lamia to reincorporate it. But maybe the lamia regurgitate a new lioness body and leave behind a empty human skin.
- Some say that lamia reproduce by devouring humans. After completely devouring a human they will regurgitate a fully formed lamia. The new lamia share the traits and the memories of the victim. A male victim produce a lamia that could be his twin sister.
- Being territorial, lamia are careful not to completely devour their prey. Human corpses half devoured, with just their lower body remaining, are a sign of lamia activity.
- Folktales say that a man devoured by his desire will regurgitate a lamia that will try to satisfy his desire after devouring him.
- A spell to summon lamia exist. The spell summon a lamia into the spell caster body to help him satisfy a strong desire. When inside the caster body the lamia grant it spell like and innate abilities. The summoner can also vomit the lamia outside his body to do his biding. If the summoner fail to satisfy it desire the lamia will try to devour him. (The summoned lamia share the spell caster traits and memories).
You can also visit my lilim blog to meet more female demons (but some of them are nice): http://inlapislazulililim.blogspot.ca/