My second group want to continue dungeon delving so I will take the role of the GM and I will referee a second campaign.
This time I want to run a campaign inspired from the manuscript of Storming the Wizard Tower. I want to focus the campaign on a village as a "natural group" and the dark influence of it near dungeon. I will use the Storming the Wizard Tower setup to start my prep. I also want to make random tables to determine who from your relations in the community are potential adventurer replacement. I will also try some house rules like the stress rules. I will award Xp for Gold & Goals.
So overall I have a good idea of how I want to organize things, but I posted a email to the group to let the players choose the setting.
- A village of vikings near the Barrowmaze or Death Frost Doom.
- Peasants living near a classic vampire castle like Ravenloft.
- Halfling cheese maker village near natural caves used to keep their cheese. (Wheel of Evil)
- Dwarf settlers who have to reclaim a ancient dwarven fortress.
- A tribe of savannah hunters living near a lost city.
- A tribe of eskuit living near the ruins of a frozen city in the Weird New World.
- The crew of a ship exploring the Weird New World in search of a legendary lost city.
The idea is to combine a local community and a adventure location.